A view of the South Presentation Convent, Cork

Title

A view of the South Presentation Convent, Cork

Subject

South Presentation, Ursuline Sisters, Nano Nagle, Cork

Description

View of the Presentation convent at Cove Lane, now Douglas Street Cork. The buildings captured in these images were built by Nano Nagle and the Ursulines from 1771 onwards. Both the Presentation and the Ursuline Sisters occupied these grounds until 1825, when the Ursuline's relocated to Blackrock, outside the city.

Image 1:
Building constructed by the Ursuline order in 1790.

Image 2:
Building constructed by Nano Nagle for the first Ursuline novices in 1771. The original entrance is at the steps leading to the brown door.

Creator

Nano Nagle

Source

This image was captured by the contributor on the grounds of the South Presentation Convent, Cork

Publisher

Sisters of the Irish Ursuline Union

Date

2014-03-01

Contributor

Caroline Maguire, National University of Ireland, Maynooth

Rights

Property of the Presentation Sisters of the South Western Province, Ireland

Relation

Sisters of the Presentation Union, Ireland

Format

application/jpeg

Language

EN

Type

Image

Identifier

South Presentation Convent, Douglas Street, Cork

Coverage

Cork, Ireland

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

20 x 30 cm

Files

Presentation Convent, Cork..JPG
View of the Ursuline building.JPG

Citation

Nano Nagle, “A view of the South Presentation Convent, Cork,” Welcome to the Nano Nagle letters, accessed June 27, 2019, https://ursulinesisters.omeka.net/items/show/28.